What immunizations does my child need for school?

  • Under the California School Immunization Law (California Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375), children are required to receive certain immunizations in order to attend public and private elementary and secondary schools, child care centers, family day care homes, nursery schools, day nurseries and developmental centers.

  • While evidence of these vaccinations are required for school, we also appreciate that given the current COVID-19 situation, access to your healthcare provider may be difficult and/or delayed. We encourage you to contact your health provider now to see about scheduling an appointment. If you are not able to get your child’s immunizations before school starts, we will accept proof of an upcoming appointment date as an alternative.

  • We know these are difficult times and we want to work with you and support you as best we can. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your school's health clerk with any questions or concerns or if you need help making an appointment.

Where can my child get vaccinated?

  • Your primary health care provider is the best place to start

  • If you are unable to see a provider, many local pharmacies provide immunizations and some will take insurance

  • Contact your school nurse for the latest Placer County Health Department vaccination clinic schedule (by appointment).